Sunday, July 1, 2012

Christmas Cardinal

I am so excited to have pre-ordered from the new Stampin' Up Holiday Mini!  There are so many things in this catalog that are "must haves"!  I ordered a new Christmas set and lots of new paper and embellishments.  In the meantime, I am continuing to make Christmas cards with sets on hand.

This cardinal is made with a set from Sweet N Sassy Stamps called "Christmas Joy".  I just love this cardinal; he is so fat!  This card is for this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and for the challenge at The Paper Players, which is the theme of "Christmas in July". 
This is the sketch I followed.  I made some minor changes; my 2 background panels are not equal in width and my image panel is off center.
To make this card I used-
Stamps-sweet N Sassy's Christmas Joy
Paper-Stampin' Up Very Vanilla, River Rock, Old Olive, Naturals White and retired dsp
Ink-Stazon Black
Other-Aqua Painter; Reinkers in Old Olive, Poppy Parade, Real Red, Chocolate Chip and So Saffron, Large oval punch, dimenionals, Simply Scored tool, Crystal Snow glitter, ribbon

I hope you like the cardinal card.  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful remainder of the weekend!  Blessings-

Lee Ann


9 comments:

  1. I love your use of the sketch and how you tweaked it for this card! The cardinal and your details are stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love the colouring job! The cardinal is fabulous! I also love the embossed lines! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee Ann! That cardinal is beautiful. I love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Love the bits of sparkle you added! Thanks for the reminder about the pre-order ;) Was away all weekend but home now and must do that today! Thanks for playing along with us at the PP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable image, love your coloring and the added bit of sparkle! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Lovely non-traditional Christmas colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... what a beautiful card ... your colouring skills are just awesome, love the touches of sparkle too!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card - love the sparkly foliage! The embossed lines you've added really set everythng off wonderfully. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cardinal is a cutie! I just love them IRL and on paper! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...