Sunday, July 22, 2012

San Antonio Sunshine

I spent last week visiting a friend in San Antonio whom I had not seen in 13 years.  It is amazing to me how true friends can pick up right were they left off like no time has passed.  It was so fun to catch up on each other's lives and share our interests with each other.  I showed her how to make cards and she showed me how to make this gorgeous bracelet.  I made this card for her to brighten her days and to remind her who she can count on ALWAYS.  This is also for the Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge- to include clouds or sunshine on the card.  The card base is Primrose.  I scored Whisper White and then sponged with So Saffron, Marigold Morning, Regal Rose and Pumpkin Pie to create my sunshine.  The flowers are hand made out of So Saffron and the sentiment is stamped on designer series paper and backed with a Crumb Cake mat embossed with the Victorian ef and cut with a spellbinder.  The sentiment is from ODBD. 


We went all out enjoying some of our favorite San Antonio restaurants- Rudy's BBQ, Magnolia Pancake House and Longhorn's for the best burgers ever, to name a few.  If you ever get a chance to visit San Antonio, don't miss the Natural Bridge Bridge Wild Life Ranch.  Anyone who doesn't  laugh going through the place must not be amongst the living!  This zebra loved being hand fed!  I think he needs a dentist, don't you?!!

I leave you with a picture of my girlfriend's Yorkie.  I am not a fan of little dogs, but this girl stole my heart.  She is a sweetie and the Queen of the Pillows!

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog.  Have a blessed week!

Lee Ann :)

4 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely, and you also made a great braclet...sounds like you had a great time with your friend, and doggie is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card and what a lovely sentiment!! thanks for playing along with the shining the light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is really pretty! I like larger dogs too, especially labs and shepherds, but sometimes there are little dogs who just steal your heart, and your friend's yorkie looks like a sweetheart. I love the zebra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Design! love your rays!! thanks for sharing your awesome zebra photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...