Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Airborne!

Hello Everyone and Happy Hump Day! 
I just love surprises and I got one this evening- a snow day tomorrow!  I love snow days because there is no schedule to follow, no appointments to get to.  They are always great R and R days and crafting days!
I am sharing a card today that was made with a brand new image -to me-The Cat's Pajama's 'Oh Chute'.  I have always loved this image for its cute bunny and humor.  I finally got it and inked it up yesterday for Splitcoaststamper's Love Fest Challenge- an inspiration challenge with wonderful white, yellow black and gray colors as well as polka dots-  and TCP's Tuesday Challenge-to use your TCP stamps and/or dies in a new way.  Since I have never used a TCP product before, purchasing and inking up the stamp for the first time was my "new way".


So I watercolored this guy, using Derwent's watercolor pencils.  What a bear to use the aquapainter on those little arms and legs!  I will probably try a different coloring technique on the next inking!  There is a very light watercolor wash for the sky.  The parachute was paper pieced, scallop edge was cut and embossed, Clouds were diecut and the sentiment was stamped and die cut as well.  I finished off the card with baker's twine and a button. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and hope you are staying warm!

Lee Ann :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps-The Cat's Pajamas-Oh Chute
Paper-Stampin' Up Basic Black, Whisper White, and dsp; Pink Paislee dp, Echo Park dp, and watercolor paper
Ink-Memento Black, Stazon Black, Soft Sky and Blush Blossom 
Other-Derwent's watercolor pencils, SU polka dot ef, MFT cloud dies and medium scallop edge die, dimensionals, baker's twine and SU button

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet and happy card. Love the sentiment stamped on the cloud! It's a great idea.!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...