Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Walk with God

Hello Everyone!

I am back with another card for Our Daily Bread Designs.  You might need your sunglasses for this one as I went very bright on this card!

 
As I thought about this quote, I thought about light and dark; the idea of contrasting light and dark on the card started to form. I strayed a bit from the main idea when I added the pinkish color to the mix.  So I guess I really have bright and dark instead of light and dark!

I used the Spellbinder Resplendent Rectangles for this project, along with MFT Rolled Roses dies, Cheery Lynn Flourish, Spellbinder Foliage Shapeabilities and Venetian Motifs.    The roses are made with So Saffron cs and sponged with Regal Rose ink.  The main image panel uses  mixed media. Gesso is first applied using the technique demonstrated by Kim from Eclectic Paperie.  I then added Fired Brick and Wild Honey Distress paints, which were quickly dabbed on and then spritzed with generous amounts of water to make it blend and run.  I dried it with a heat gun. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann

 Products used-
Stamps- Our Daily Bread Designs-Full of Grace "Light" set
Paper- white cs, Stampin' Up Basic Black, So Saffron, River Rock, Old Olive; gold vellum from Paper Temptress
Ink-Archival Black, SU Regal Rose, Old Olive
Other- Gesso, Tim Holtz Wild Honey and Fired Brick Distress Paints; SB Resplendent Rectangles, Venetian Motifs and Foliage Shapeabilities; Cheery Lynn Flourish, My Favorite Things Rolled Roses Dies,

2 comments:

  1. Saw your card on ODBD. It is gorgeous. Love the way you did the background and the flowers are so pretty. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...