Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lighthouse Challenge

It is great spending the day doing what you love- so here is another card, another post.  I look forward to Our Daily Bread Design challenges every Saturday, and today was no exception.  Today's challenge #95 is to CASE another crafter that we admire.  Well, frankly, I admire all of the designers/team members at ODBD.  So, this is a challenge picking out who to CASE!  I am sure I will CASE more than one before the week is over!  Also, over at Stampin Sisters in Christ, the challenge this week is to show who you are/our stamping style.  I have been avoiding the challenge as I couldn't really figure out my style.  Then as I looked through the ODBD designers' blogs and galleries and realized what I was drawn to from the beginning.  I love that a card does not need an image- a scripture verse can say so much more than any beautifully colored image.  Not that I don't like images (LOL!) but I always go back to scripture surrounded by beautiful papers and ribbons.  Sorry for the long windedness-
I chose to CASE Betty Wright.  Cardstock is basic gray and whisper white from SU.  Yellow cs is unknown.  The dp is Echo Park.  Spellbinders are used as well as Sizzix and CB embossing folders.  2 different types of yellow ribbon are used.  The scripture (well, it isn't really scripture, but about faith) is, of course, Our Daily Bread Designs- Full of Grace- Light, and the background image is also ODBD-Keep My Lamp Burning.  The image is stamped in Bordering Blue from SU.  The small compass on the bow is from an old SU set.  Adhesive rhinestones are from Recollections.  Oh, and the sentiment is stamped in basic gray and then embossed in clear ep.
Thanks so much for stopping by and as always your comments and constructive criticism are always appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. The ribbon treatment you used is gorgeous. Did you link this to the ODBD challenge on OWH? It would fit perfectly with that challenge, too. http://www.owhstarsandstamps.org/2012/02/february-odbd-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee Ann... this is beautiful. I love the verse on your card. thanks for sharing ~ Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning case Of Betty's cards!! I just love the embossing, the combo of patterns, the colors and the over stamping. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...