Friday, June 22, 2012

Christmas Style

I am very glad that I am being productive today (in a crafty sense-not housework!) and I am also happy to feel my mojo coming back.  I really liked the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week, so gave it a go with another new stamp, Quint-Essential Flower.  This is such a versatile stamp!  This stamp can be colored and used for just about any occasion, including Christmas.




Here is my interpretation of this sketch-
-Freshly Made Sketches Winning Card-

 To make this card I used-
Stamps-Quint-Essential Flower, Elements of Style, Tiny Tags
Paper-Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Whisper White
Ink-Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray
Other-stripes ef, Polka Dot ef, large and small Scallop Circle punches, 1/2" circle punch, 1" circle punch, White Organza Ribbon Dimensionals

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by; Have a fantastic weekend!

Lee Ann

June 22, 2012
5:30pm
I am still crafting and going strong.  It is a peaceful Friday with nothing pressing going on.  Don't you just love those kinds of days?  Bella, my dog, is doing better.  I had to take her to the vet yesterday as she had stopped eating or drinking for a couple of days.  She seems to be on the mend now so I have all of this free time.  What better thing to do than papercraft!  I am enjoying all of the new goodies Stampin' Up has in the new catalog.  This card uses the new Apothecary Framelits and the wonderful paper piercing TEMPLATES!  I love paper piercing and now it is fool proof!


To make this card I used:
Stamps-Thoughts and Prayers
Paper-Whisper White, Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Midnight Muse, Patio Party dsp
Ink-Soft Suede and Midnight Muse
Other-Apothecary Framelits, Paper Piercing Templates, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
Pearls

This went together very quickly and easily; perfect for the type of card that sadly, is needed so frequently.  

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of blogland!  Have a fantastic weekend!  

Lee Ann


5 comments:

  1. Lee Ann, this is wonderful as a Christmas set! Wow, I would not have thought of that. Love your layering and the popped up oval layer. So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I absolutely love this Christmas card, Lee Ann! And I also love your take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! It's so fun to see Christmas cards in June - it always inspires me. You did a great job with this week's sketch - thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interpretation of the sketch! Great idea to use the oval as a negative image! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Christmas card! I love what you did with the sketch, Lee Ann! Framing the image with an oval really makes it stand out! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...