Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Guest Designing for Our Daily Bread Designs

Hello Everyone!

I am so excited to be guest designing for Our Daily Bread Designs this month!  ODBD has a special place in my heart as it was the first company outside of Stampin' Up that  I really took notice of.  I loved the elegant cards with inspirational sentiments and scripture verses that I saw on Splitcoaststampers!  I was making cards for Operation Write Home at the time and spotted this card by Angella Crockett in the gallery.  I knew I just had to have the Old Flag background stamp!
So here I am a couple of years later, and having the privilege to design for them!  Today I am sharing a desk plaque that I made for a friend of mine who could use some encouragement.


I wanted to try the stained glass look that Grace shared on her blog.  I stamped my cross image in Stazon Brown ink on Clear Cardstock.  I colored the image with Sharpie markers on the back side of the image.  Then I stamped the cross in Early Espresso on white cs. I layered the clear cs on top of the white cs and used dimensionals to adhere one to the other.

  I then cut a frame ( 1/4" all around) from Early Espresso cs and ran it through a woodgrain embossing folder.  I adhered this over the clear cs image using dimensionals.  The entire image piece was then matted onto a piece of dsp, followed by Early Espresso cs, followed by Bahama Breeze cs.  At this point my mats were longer than my framed image; I cut an additional piece of Early Espresso cs, embossed it with the woodgrain ef, and adhered it just below the framed image.  You can see the slight gap in the photo. 
I stamped a label in Stazon Brown on dp and then die cut it out with the matching die.  I added a sentiment from the "Never Give Up" set to the label. To embellish, I added flourishes, pearls and twine.
The whole thing is backed with a piece of cardboard for stability as this is a plaque that can be placed in a holder such as the one in the picture.  



Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies used:
Stamps-Never Give Up and Antique Label Designs, Our Daily Bread Designs
Paper-Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Bahama Breeze, First Edition dsp; white cs; Basic Gray dp
Ink-Stazon Brown, Early Espresso
Other-Our Daily Bread Designs Dies to match labels, pearls, Cheery Lynn Flourish, dimensionals, Memory Box Macarena Corner die, Wood Grain ef (SU), Sharpie markers, pearl flourish, twine (MFT), Clear Cardstock (Heartfelt Creations)


1 comment:

  1. Good morning Lee Ann this is gorgeous....beautiful technique:)
    Hugs NIkki x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...