Thursday, March 27, 2014

Die~Namites Bird Houses


Hello Everyone!

There are so many great new spring dies  at Die~Namites; I am up on the Die~Namites blog today and it was hard for me to decide which new die to use.  I settled on this wonderfully springy and whimsical  Fancy Birdhouses Die~Namites Die; I paired it with a brand new sentiment stamp of mine that makes a perfect house warming card!


Flowers were added to the tree branch, using the Spring Blossoms Die~Namites Die.  I added more whimsy to the card by using felt for my flowers and leaves.


I made a few of the flowers a darker yellow by pressing them into my yellow stamp pad. 

To make the birdhouses, I selected several patterned papers that I thought went well together.  I cut the houses out in the variety of papers, then pieced the different patterns together.

  Each house is layered onto a  cardstock base a couple of layers of cs thick.  This not only gives a solid base to adhere pieces to (so none of my little pieces fall out), but also adds a bit of dimension to the card.  I wanted to pop the bird houses up a bit but felt that dimensionals would be too much.



Once my die cuts were complete, I free hand cut a couple of clouds from some adhesive masking paper and then sponged in a sky.  To finish off the card, I then adhered the die cuts, stamped my sentiment and added a multi-looped Hemptique twine bow, embellished with two buttons.

To recap, my card was made using these two Die~Namites Dies~


Fancy BirdHouses


Spring Blossoms


I am entering this card in the Wednesday Simon Says Stamp Challenge which is, Anything Goes with Buttons.  
That's it for me today; hope you like this card.  I know I had fun making it! Have a blessed Thursday!


Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps-a Sneak peek of a brand new Sweet 'n Sassy Stamp :)
Paper- Flourishes white cs, Stampin Up retired dsp, SU Brown Sugar cs
Ink- Soft Sky, Memento Tuxedo Black, Daffodil Delight
Other-Die~Namites Love Arrangement and Fancy Birdhouses dies, MFT felt, Hemptique twine

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, these are wonderful!!!! I want all these dies.............gotta save my pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very cute card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a darling card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...