Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Fun Colors and a Farewell with The Card Concept

Hello Everybody!

We have a new challenge at The Card Concept; sadly, it will be my last challenge, but my plate was getting a little bit too full.  I hope you all will continue to play with this amazing team of ladies!


Lesley picked out some beautiful colors for us this week in this color challenge~


When I saw these colors, my first thought was a misty morning meadow, so that is what I created- well, sort of!
My background is stamped with a background stamp from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, Leafy Background Flourish and More, using the Faux watercolor technique.  I matted this piece with soft suede and framed it with white cs.  I added a circle element using a doily and a some Pool Party cs.  One of my all time favorite floral images is from a retired SU set, Elements of Style.  I stamped this in black and fussy cut the flowers out- seriously, I find fussy cutting relaxing!  I layered this onto my circles, then added a butterfly from the Sweet 'n Sassy Set, New Beginnings, and cut it out with its matching die.  A sprig of the Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish was tucked in behind the butterfly and flowers.
I added a tag sentiment, stamped in Soft Suede.  My sketch inspiration is from last week's Freshly Made Sketches~
Thanks so much for stopping by; I hope you can join us this week!  Check out all of the inspiration here

Blessings,

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps- Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps- New Beginnings, Leafy Flourish Background and More, SU Elements of Style and
Paper- Neenah Solar White, SU Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Mixed media paper
Ink- Lucky Limeade, Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Suede
Other- MFT Circle Stax and Fish Tail Flag Stax Die-Namics, SU paper doily, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps New Beginnings Butterfly Dies, Spellbinder Rectangle Dies, Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish Die, Wink of Stella Glitter pen


2 comments:

  1. Love this 'misty morning meadow', Lee Ann, and spent a while looking over it this morning in my email inbox. :) I love a freestyle collage card, and you've made a beautiful one.

    Will miss serving on the Card Concept with ya, but I'll keep seeing your creations regardless. :) Best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to see you go! I just found this challenge and your card is just GORGEOUS! LOVE your classy, elegant style!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...