Friday, October 24, 2014

A Christmas Blog Hop with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

Hello!
Welcome to a special Christmas Blog Hop with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!  The Design Team will be sharing cards made with their favorite stamps.


Born This Day is one of my favorite Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Christmas sets.  I colored the image in neutrals with Copics and used its matching die to cut it out.
I have layered it on the oval frame from the Decorative Frames Stamp Set that was cut out with its matching die from the Decorative Plaque Dies.  I added another layer using a Spellbinders Oval Die.  My dp is retired SU paper and a SU doily is beneath it all.
These next two cards are quite different and FAR from my usual style.  I wanted to try to create a card that looked like stationary or an elegant boxed card.  I used sentiments from several different snss sets to come up with this design~



I kept the red card super CAS with nothing more than all of the sentiments embossed in gold.  For the blue card, it was too dark with just the silver embossing, so I trimmed down the sentiment panel and added a white and silver layer.  My sentiments are from the following sets- Mod Ornaments, Vintage Ornaments, Christmas Joy, Christmas Morn, and Jesus is Born.  Which one do you like better? 

 We hope you will join the fun and leave some love behind as you visit each blog.  
I'm sure you have your own favorite Christmas stamp set, so we're inviting you to create a Christmas greeting and add it to the gallery by clicking the Linky Tool below!  Of course there will be a PRIZE for those who decide to join us.  You have until Thursday, October 30th, 2014 at midnight EST to upload your creation.  We will randomly select one lucky participant to receive a $10 gift code to be used at the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Store!  The winner will be posted on the Sweet 'n Sassy Blog on Friday, October 31st.


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed weekend!

Lee Ann  :)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Your sentiment cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Lee Ann. Love the soft colors on the first one... precious image! The red and blue cards with the words heat embossed are amazing! I just love the idea. I will have to CASE those. What sets did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Lee Ann…these card are awesome! Love the first card with the sweet manger scene, but the second two leave me speechless! What an incredibly creative idea with typography being so popular right now! I will definitely be CASEing this idea! Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW! That red card with the perfectly embossed words in gold is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all of the cards are wonderful. My favorite are the two embossed ones. Thanks so much for sharing your creative talents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all really fabulous cards! Lovely work! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your cards are nice. My favorite though is the red one! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. The die cuts on the first are wonderful. You certainly achieved your goal on the blue and red cards. My favorite is the blue because I like the extra layers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The red chevron paper actually draws your eye to the manger...sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty cards! Love the background doily, dies and chevron to make the focal image pop! Sweet sentiment cards, like that idea!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your first card is so wonderful. I love the mix of vintage with simple with trendy! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay this is my favorite so far, You have won my heart on the baby Jesus and manger scene. It is gorgeous! I love the other two cards as well with all the Christian words on them embossed. I already loved this stamp set but now I really want it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card !! I love the bold red and blue cards... U unique and different :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...