Monday, May 18, 2015

Inspired Daisies with The Challenge

Happy Monday All!

The excitement is building around here as we have only one more Monday of school!  Bring on the summer!  But, I am getting ahead of myself. This Monday, we have an Inspiration Challenge at The Challenge.  Daisies anyone?


I love the fresh, soft feel of this photo~


This left me stumped for a bit, but as I started to play with different elements, the end result is a card I love.  I wanted to incorporate watercoloring, but wanted to leave the card fairly simple and fairly white.  I ended up just watercoloring the flower centers~


LOVE how these flowers turned out!
I used the sketch at Fusion~

The background was stamped with ODBD's Gingham Background Stamp and embossed with the SU Honeycomb embossing folder.  Daisies are Heartfelt Creations and are colored with Peerless Watercolors.  Sentiment/die is from Hero Arts.  I added a SU paper doily, and, I know you are tired of hearing about my favorite twine, but I added my FAV-orite twine, Hemptique. 
I have been going a little overboard with sequins lately, too, so this time I changed it up and added seed beads instead.
I am also linking up to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge- 'XYZ', y being for yellow.  In addition I really like the suggestion of being inspired by 'the end' ( as in the end of the alphabet); this is a card for a friend's daughter as she has just come to the end of her school career as she graduated Saturday.  And, as this is a graduation card, I am linking up to The Pink Elephant.
 
 Check out the rest of the talented Design Team's inspiration! 
Can't wait to see what you link up to The Challenge!

Blessings!

Lee Ann  :)

Supplies Used-
Stamps- ODBD, Heartfelt Creations, Hero Arts (sentiment)
Paper-SU River Rock, Sahara Sand, mixed media paper, Flourishes white cs, dp
Ink-Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Smokey Slate, Sahara Sand
Other- HC Daisy Die, Hero Arts Congrats die, SU Honeycomb ef and paper doily, Peerless watercolors,  Hemptique twine, seed beads

10 comments:

  1. ADORE how these blooms look, YAY so lovely Lee Ann!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful white on white but then with the splash of yellow and touch of grey. All this wonderful texture also makes this card a stunner x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what an awesome card! I love the embossing and love those beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous mix of patterns and textures Lee Ann! So elegant and the yellow just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doily is such a perfect element for the sketch ... love how the yellow centers in your flowers just pop ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how simple and CAS this feels and yet there are so many elements that make it complex. Super fun! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulously fresh little card! After a windstorm tore up the few flowers I had, this card was definitely a joy to see! I love how you kept the color palette simple, yet this card is so elegant. It was clever of you to combine the different patterns and textures the way you did and I love how the doily pairs with the honeycomb design. And yes- great use of seed beads as an alternative to sequins! This card is charming from top to bottom and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So elegant! Love the little pops of yellow against all of the white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card.. very elegant and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lee Ann, This is so gorgeous! I love the small touch of yellow, packs a real punch! I'm so glad you played with us at The Pink Elephant Challenge! Nance

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...